We are now in count down mode as there is one week left until our departure for Cape Verde, Africa. We'll be flying out of Boston on Friday, July 16 and arriving in the capital city, Praia, where we'll be involved in training for about 9 weeks.
For the most part, the reality of the trip has not yet set in- we've been too busy taking care of business here in the states and enjoying time with family and friends. It has been so good to see everyone- thanks for the holiday celebrations, office lunches, Ted Drews ice cream, encouraging words, classroom management tips, cat sitting, storage space, and general support. We'll miss seeing you all, but look forward to keeping in touch through this blog, email, and skype.
We hope to update this blog with some degree of regularity and are excited for your updates as well!
As they say in Cape Verde,
txao txao.
(ps- if you know how to pronounce that, we could use a tutorial; )
10 comments:
I'm very excited about this!! Sounds like a great way to keep us all updated. We'll check it regularly! We love you and hope this last week isn't too stressful wrapping everything up. Love, Laura, Ben & Katie
Yay! You know where your training is...and it's the same island! Same housing?
My boys leave for Philmont on Tues., You will all be in my prayers this week! Enjoy this very exciting adventure!! Don't forget-vaya con Dios!!! Karen
Yay! I am excited to hear all the tales of you new adventure. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you prepare to go and get settled into your new home. Take care of yourselves!
i'm thinking of you guys! Have a great adventure. Debbi Schwarz
I'm praying for you guys...We miss you. Remember, it's okay to cry when you get on the plane...I cried like a baby when I left.
Cat Dye
Melissa & Scott:
I'm a little envious of your upcoming adventure. Love you both,
ken
SNSG is praying for your journey. We can't wait for updates through your new blog.
Look forward to updates. We will be lifting you all up.
Melissa and Scott -
I'm so excited you! I hope you have the best time... and keep us updated on all the adventure!
Post a Comment